Wednesday, February 3, 2010




hey everyone,

I am hoping to keep up this blog throughout my stay, perhaps updating it every week/every other week. just my initiative to keep people updated instead of writing on everyone's wall.

so its been almost a week and its has been unreal. SA is just a very interesting place. so far we have seen some of the city, Durban, and got to know how transportation works and some cool places. We have visited a few museums and have had a few lectures on very basic things such as the history of SA, the history of the place we are staying, and some orientationesque aspects of the whole program. We are still in the orientation phase and have started on a couple of serious academic lectures. We will be moving into our home stays tomorrow where we will be living with a zulu family for most of our stay here in SA.

for those of you who aren't familiar with SIT, we won't be studying in a college or university. SIT is very hands on and deals a lot with experiential education. We have a lecture room here in the SIT office which we have been using as a semi-classroom. a lot of our learning will come from seeing, hearing, writing about things and interacting with people. This is why I chose SIT because I thought I could use a break from the more formal classroom.

it hasn't been a week yet but already this experience is hitting me hard. I knew very little about apartheid before even being accepted into this program. but gauging from the first week or so, this whole semester will be something else. the program is about social and political transformation. after the transition from apartheid, there is a time for transformation. fifteen years on, there is still much work to do.

that is it for now, I will update further as more action comes along. Hope everyone is doing well!!

8 comments:

  1. Unreal. Keep posting ayt?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. vumivideo blog eh! hahahaha! have fun enzo, will be waiting for updates. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya enzo! yes please keep em coming >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enzo, it's very interesting indeed!good luck with the home stay!and thanks for the interactive post haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoooooowwwww!!!! bumibidyoooo! gluck there:) have fuuun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noice! I think you just posted a new one... imma check it out right now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. (I just got to watch your video now. It made me realize how much I don't know about the nation/continent. I'm aware that its history, and even its current condition, is rough.. but that's it really. I feel like I'll be learning so much about it from you and your blogs. And I'm really gonna be looking forward to that. :) Take care there, Enzo! Keep posting, ayt? :D)

    ReplyDelete